Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pinterest...My new love

Follow Me on Pinterest button

Have you discovered Follow Me on Pinterest button yet?  Oh my, oh my.  You are in for a treat.  Pinterest is like a virtual cork board or inspiration board might be a better way to describe it.  You can look at other pinboards created by other people who may have similar interests or taste as you do.  People use pinboards to plan weddings, decorate their homes or share recipes.  It's great for when you are surfing the web and you find something you might want to look at later, to pin it.  The pin will take you back to that site.  No more searching thru bookmarks.  The one problem with Pinterest is that you can get so lost in looking and pinning all these great ideas, you don't have any time to try one.

So, I've pinned a bunch of things; photography cheat sheets, sewing tutorials, holiday ideas, homemade products that are cheaper than buying and better for the environment, etc (you can follow my pins on my sidebar).  I have to warn you Pinterest can be (should I say IS) addictive.  Wow!!! There are so many amazing things to look at, to be inspired by etc.  So the other night, my step mom and I decided to try one of the homemade product recipes I found on Pinterest.

Home made facial pore peel-like those Biore Pore Strips.  Here's the original site of the pin Pore strips.  I have to say, this little gem really worked!  It was fun, kind of weird, and REALLY cheap.  It probably cost about .40 cents for a full face.  The box of Knox Gelatin was only $1.25 for 4 packets at Walmart and a tablespoon of milk is what...a nickle?

First, we both donned our favorite pj's, washed our faces and got to work making our concoction.  Once you get it mixed, you have to work quickly because it starts to set up.  We just smeared it all over with our fingers.  Now, let me warn you, it smells a little like wet dog at first and you will look like you have leprosy.   Then we plopped our butts on the couch and watched the latest episode of Bath Crashers on DIY.  We waited about 25 minutes, until we couldn't talk without feeling like our face was going to crack.  Then we started peeling.  In some places it felt like peeling off a band aid.  It's a little rough, but so worth it.  Once I got it all peeled off, I couldn't believe how smooth my face felt and there was some serious junk on those pieces I pulled off.  Yuck!  I have sensitive skin and rosascea, I was a little concerned that I might have a breakout or flareup the next day, but I didn't.  Couple of tips for you.  Be careful not to get it in your hair, too close to your eyes or in your eyebrows.  It crusts up pretty good on hair.  But if you do get it in sensitive areas, just take a warm, wet washcloth and it softens it right up.  Pretty cool.  Will definitely do this again next time I want to deep clean.





No comments:

Post a Comment